Access to Public Places for Service and Assistance Dogs under the ADA

by Sue on September 5, 2012

This is an EXCELLENT video that I think everyone should watch. However it does need to be updated a bit (being created in 2010) because as of March 15, 2011 only dogs and miniature horses can be Service Animals.

Sussie, Gunny, Rainy, Lucy and Squeaky.

1 Sherlei 09.10.12 at 10:07 am

I thought federal supersedes state and local laws.. this video does not state that…

2 Ernest R. Turner 09.10.12 at 1:08 pm

What are the service animal laws in the State of Florida ?

3 Dave and Gracie 09.10.12 at 2:36 pm

Hi Sussie,
Another good find…more info at USServiceDog.org. Reccomend all Service Dog Handlers/Trainers look into registration and in-depth education and discussion. We’re banding together to elevate public understanding and appreciation of these wonderful animals and what they do for those of us who have disabilities. Check out Gracie and me at P.T. (ID Code No. 1334591167) She’s working on her D.P.T.(-;

4 Jim 09.10.12 at 8:09 pm

Re: the comment to Sussie above, I typed in USServiceDog.org and the domain name seems to be for sale. Are you sure that’s the correct website for further information? Jim.

5 Dave and Gracie 09.11.12 at 7:55 am

Re: USServiceDogRegistry.org
Sorry Jim)-:

6 Aptm2z5ug 09.11.12 at 5:03 pm

Help your blog into Wall Street !!!
cs4yo4e34guk4qg4

7 Alexandra Farber 09.12.12 at 9:44 am

I was recently a summer associate at Moses & Singer, LLP in New York City, where I worked closely with David Lackowitz. David is a talented attorney who has had much success representing disabled U.S. veterans who suffer discrimination by institutions and establishments due to their reliance on service animals. If you or someone you know has encountered these or similar issues, I would be happy to put you in touch with him. You can reach me at ajfarber@gmail.com. David’s bio is below:

8 Lifebunny 10.12.12 at 5:43 pm

As for USServiceDogRegistry.org, this does nothing to “legitimize” a service dog, “free” or not.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER YOUR SERVICE DOG!!!! (yelling intended)

Also, the red, white and blue logo implies that this site has some kind of nationally recognized status, which it does not have.

9 Destiney 01.16.13 at 4:56 pm

This is helping me on my english assignment. I think this is a SSSSWWWWEEEETTTT WEBSITE!!!!!!