Canadian Service Dog Tags!

by Sue on February 23, 2012

Back by popular demand!

We are now offering our Canadian Service Dog tags for sale at Service Dog Tags.com.

These will be sent by priority mail only as they can be tracked even through Customs. They are available in sizes for small dogs and large dogs. And each set comes with a wallet card for yourself too.

We are proud to once again be offering these wonderful, durable, tags to our neighbors up north. Order yours today! On line or toll free by phone 877-770-0789.

Canadian Service Dog Tags for Large Dogs

Canadian Service Dog Tags for Small Dogs

Sussie, Gunny, Rainy and Lucy

1 Sarah 02.24.12 at 9:36 pm

I have a medical alert dog, and sometimes I leave her home. It just depends on what I’ve got going and how I feel that day. I take her with me about 75% of the time. Does anyone else leave their dog home? How are your dogs at home? Mine takes herself very seriously, and I would definitely not consider her a “pet” in anyway, even when she’s at home and off duty.

2 Sharito 02.27.12 at 7:52 am

The only time I ever leave my dog is at the groomers or doggy day care when I ride horses with Horses for Heros. I used to bring him and an attendant would walk him along with me but it really is to hot for him and the flies tore him up. It is harder for me to be apart than for him. He kind of enjoys doggy day care because he can be a dog! I will be leaving him for three days in march when I take my family to Disney world. I’m sure he’ll have a great time, and I will have my family, it will be our longest separation. Sharon & Damien

3 Ky G 02.27.12 at 10:21 am

I never leave my dog. I only have 20 minutes between the time he signals me until the time i pass out. i have tried to go cloth shopping oonce without him and brought a friend but he was flipping out by the time i got home…he was not happy about it at all. we have been together non-stop for at least 3 yrs. So my concern is his reaction. Groomers? He is really uncomfortable with that to the point where he basically locks his footing…so i take care of all of his grooming. It is more that he will not leave me than i neot leave him. He has his play time off leash chasing bunnies and leaping over benches and bike racks as well as tennis nets…he’s a jumper :) He also has his time at the dog beach when we swim together in the summer and palys with other dogs then. But nope..i dont leave him alone. We’re a team 10 percent of the time

4 Judy Neese 02.27.12 at 1:21 pm

My SD is a medical alert dog. I cannot drive unless she is with me so I do leave her occasionally when I am with someone else. She doesn’t like it at all and becomes upset when we are apart. All is well when I return home and life is “normal” again. She does okay if I take her to a groomer although I do the grooming expect when I am sick. Since she is a Bichon Frise, she gets bathed each week and hair cut about every 3 weeks. I do get some funny looks once in a while when people think only labs and german shepherds can be service animals. But I take it as my responsibility to educate whenever the opportunity arises.

5 Sarah 02.28.12 at 8:04 am

What’s a good way to answer people who want your medical alert dog alerts you to. I am getting so tired of people asking me about it, and it just seems to be happening more and more. I try to be nice, because I have my kids with me, and I want to be a good example, but I am sick of the questions about my medical information.

6 Stephanie 02.28.12 at 11:34 am

Hi Sarah,

I just say “She alerts me to my medical condition.” Frequently this works. It is a polite way to say “my medical condition is none of your business.” When they keep pushing, I usually explain that a medical alert dog can alert to all kinds of medical conditions, such a blackouts or seizures. (Neither of these are MY conditions, and it usually gets them to let it go — when I am explaining, I am clear that the examples I give are not my personal medical conditions). Unfortunately, there have been a couple of times when I have had to explain that it is not appropriate to ask me questions about my personal medical issues since they are strangers to me. That usually does not go over well which is why I try to avoid it. But sometimes you meet pushy people who just can’t take a polite hint!

Best wishes,