The Raspberry Field and Service Dog Tags are now affiliated

by Sussie Due on April 20, 2011

What do Raspberries and Service Dog tags have in common? Well, if you are thinking of the berry, not much really. If you are thinking of The Raspberry Fields dog vest company, then you are on the right track. Service Dog Tags and The Raspberry Fields became affiliated as of April 2011.

Why? Well as you may or may not know, Service Dog Tags is a family owned business with very little outside help. They run the business right out of their home in Tomball Texas. The Raspberry Fields is run in similar fashion. Family run business, from their home in Gresham Oregon. It was a perfect fit. In this day and age of large corporations, the family owned, and run, business are taking a beating. But, just like good neighbors keeping an eye out for each other, family businesses are starting to band together and help each other by referring customers to each other.

“The Raspberry Fields? What a strange name for a business!” I’ll bet your saying that to yourself right now. I know I did the first time I saw it. Well there is a reason behind that name.

The Raspberry Field began in 1988 with a very small home crafting business. For many years, their house shared a fence line with a large commercial raspberry grower. Eventually, the farm fields were sold to a housing developer. One day as the owner of the fledgling crafting business was sitting at the dining room table gazing out at the field and trying to come up with a name for their business, the bulldozers moved into the field and started to plow all the beautiful raspberry bushes into the ground. For years the owner and her family had enjoyed watching deer, quail, bunnies, possums and other wildlife in the field. The children grew up earning their summer spending money picking berries and they loved watching the farmer working his land. Unexpectedly, as the owner watched the destruction of the vines, she burst into tears and then decided to name the new business The Raspberry Field in honor of the loss of the fields. Today, after many transformations, their company has grown and they now make products they love; garments and supplies for working dogs. They have been doing this since 1998.

And how good are their products?

When I looked into buying a vest for Gunny, I searched all over the internet. Now granted there are all sorts of companies that sell vests, but I chose The Raspberry Field simply due to the fact that it was in my own state. This was a decision I will never regret making. Their vests are very well made, professional looking, reasonable priced and very tough! On top of that, they stand behind their product. Gunny has been wearing his for almost 5 years now. I wash and line dry it once a week. It always comes out looking as new as the day it first arrived in my mail box.

Visit http://servicedogjackets.com/ to order yours. It is a purchase that you will not regret.

Gunny, chewing on a bone, wearing his zippered-pocket The Raspberry Field vest and Service Dog Tags Service Dog tag. Laying in his Snoozer booster seat in my Chevy S-10. Ready to hit the road.

Photobucket

Sussie and Gunny

1 Suzanne Peters 04.25.11 at 7:19 am

I was so excited to order from raspberrie fields only to find they take
American Express credit cards & nothing esle. What a disappointment!
I just a not an American Express card fan :-(

2 John 04.25.11 at 11:34 am

I have yet to be tested or questioned about my dog’s. Yes I have two German Shepherd Service Dogs that are with me for my PTSD. How bad can PTSD get? Bad enough that the Federal Government not me, put me on total 100% disabled for PTSD, Anxiety and Clinical Depression. This makes me fearful to go out in public. To resturants, Wal-Mart, Dollar General, and even on Veterans Administration Hospital. The Federal Police work as Hospital Security. Once my dogs were trained, they went with me everywhere and are cleaner than people with babies. Yes, children can cause destruction in stores by knocking down things and breaking them. People actually change their baby’s diapers on store shelves leaving behind dirty diapers where the food is sold. My Service Dogs simply walk beside my power chair and give me enough courage to be in society in as normal way as possible. My problem’s are too many to mention. Surfice to say I have worked in as very stressful atmosphere where a lot of sick people were and I have been shot with a 12 ga shogun while Managing a convience store. Working in a Level I Trauma Center in a large city of over 2-million with the County Morgue in the basement. Part of my job was to put away the “bodies brought in on the evening shift” as the county Coroner’s office was closed and I was the only one with the key to the morgue cooler and the Med Examiners office. Dealing with the Public in this atmosphere for 18 years did me in. Many times I would get bodies in that simply were not recognizable from decomposition, missing heads from suicide with a shotgun etc.. I would have to pull these bodies out of the cooler many times when the family would show up for identification purposes. I had to deal with not only the bodies, but the families screeming out in pain at what they saw. Now I can’t be around a large group of people without having a panic attack unless my Service Dog is with me. My dogs give me confidence and make me feel less vulnerable. When you deal with dead, and dying family members and the body of their loved one, the amount of Stress is Terrific.

3 Diann 05.03.11 at 2:11 pm

Wow! Am I impressed with the service from Raspberry Fields! I ordered a custom vest, exchanged 3 or 4 emails about size and options and received it, not like the website says in 4-5 weeks, but in less than a week!! I also was able to use a MasterCard.

The vest has plastic clips (Tinkerbell is small) which is great at the airport — doesn’t set off the alarm and I don’t have to take her collar all the way off :)

Thank you for sharing this great company!

Diann and Tinkerbell

4 sussie 05.06.11 at 12:44 pm

I think you might have been misinformed. I have ordered two vests from there. Gunny’s five years ago, and now Rainy’s just last week. I used my debit card for both of them and it’s a VISA.

5 becca 06.13.13 at 12:07 am

I am registering my mothers dog as an emotional support dog and am looking forward to working with Raspberryfield for our supplies. Wow what great reviews. This will be wonderful for my mom.

6 miriam toland 11.07.13 at 10:18 pm

hi ive ordered from u before. by cell 9542983701. this does not work 4 me. service dog tiney Tasha mini daschy since 2010. I need 3 +1 id tag please call 1605 abaco dr. #h1 coconut creek fl 33066 thank u Miriam toland

7 miriam toland 11.10.13 at 10:13 pm

im trying to reorder 3 + 1 service dog tags for tiney Tasha I cant find ure no. mine 9542983701…9549784909. if u cant call I cant orderdo this. I cant Miriam toland

8 miriam toland 11.20.13 at 8:10 pm

would like to reorder 3+1service dog id tags for tiney Tasha. ive done this by phone. can u help me. I don’t do well on computer.