Service Dog Supplies – Who do you Recommend for Service Dog Supplies?

by Spot on July 18, 2009

Service dog supplies, where do you get yours? I thought it would be useful to hear reader recommendations for vendors of service animal supplies. Thankfully there are a lot more vendors and produt options for service dog supplies today. Sadly, like in any market there will always be people that start selling products just to try and make a fast buck and don’t care about theircustomers. If there is a company that you think does a good job supplying service dog vest, patches, ID tags, harnesses, etc. let others know who you’ve had a good experience with. We all like to do business with companies that others recommend so just leave yours below. :lol:

1 Mark 07.18.09 at 7:38 pm

LDS Leather would be my recommendation. They sent my products out very quickly

2 Kathy Bright 07.19.09 at 9:51 am

Another great place to get your Service Dog needs or a good harness is Bridgeport Equipment. They have great customer service, affordable prices and will never customize your harness if needed.
You can see their catalog online http://www.bridgeportequipment.com/

They have all sorts of vests, harnesses, leashes, toys or training needs.

Kathy

3 Leanna George 07.20.09 at 1:15 pm

I’ve been very happy with activedogs.com for my equipment. Though, some people think they are a little pricey, the stuff I have gotten has been VERY well made. When you can catch the things you need on clearance, its a great deal.

4 Naomi Hoogs 07.20.09 at 4:47 pm

I totally reccomened the wolf packs vests! If you don’t need a harness then this is the vest for you, my dog is small enough that the active dogs ones don’t fit him, but big enough that the active dogs tiny dog vests are too small. The Wolfpacks fit him perfectly! I love it so much I plan on staying with this brand.

5 Joyce 07.22.09 at 3:29 pm

I get service Dog supplies at http://www.bridgeportguipment.com/
:wink: , They made a special leather harness for my dog,Rottweiler as his chest was rather large, it fits him great. I love the yoke, on the chest. Its got a heart shaped red gems like that reflect in the dark.He shines bright in headlights in the dark.
We camp alot, and walking back to the RV, we certainly show up….
Ok thanks for listening Joyce & Harley

6 Keisha 07.29.09 at 3:48 pm

I highly recommend Activedogs.com for all your SD equipment needs. They vests are top notch and made of high qualitiy fabrics that hold up to wear and tear. Their patches are unbeatable in quality. If you have a problem with your order they are willing, read and able to fix it ASAP. They customer service is top notch and you get your order very quickly. Much better than other companies I have delt with that take forever to get you your order like, LDS leather and Strawberryfields.
I also highly recommend bridgeport equipment. Their products are great and they are very helpful.
Sitstay.com is also another company I would recommend. You get what you ordered and in a timely manner.

7 Keisha 07.29.09 at 6:01 pm

oops mean raspberryfields not strawberryfields.

8 Michele 07.29.09 at 8:41 pm

I get most of my stuff from http://www.sitstay.com. http://www.pupparel.com has some great patches. http://www.hearingimpaired.net has stuff for all service dogs but focuses on hearing dogs. I love their over-the-shoulder leash. ActiveDogs has high quality products but is usually out of my price range.

9 Luke 08.05.09 at 2:15 pm
10 Luke 08.05.09 at 2:16 pm

Here is the actual link…sorry. SitStay.com.

11 Helen from Hawai'i 12.07.09 at 10:02 pm

I’m really confused now. Do I need to get my dog registered by the government or association or what?
My Sammy does all the required obedience training. So can I just get a Tag or vest and declare him to be a SD? I do have PTSD and seizures.
:?: Help!

12 Michele 12.07.09 at 10:40 pm

A well-behaved dog and a vest from one of the places listed above does not make your dog a service dog. They have to be trained to mitigate your disability.

You can choose to pay $250 to some scammer on the internet for a “certification” which means nothing. But I can make the same thing on my computer. This isn’t the forum for that discussion. I do believe this site has other forums. Or check out the Service and Therapy Dogs forum on Dogster. Great folks on there, just a bit cautious at first. We run into lots of fakers.

13 Aporia (and Sojie) 04.20.10 at 10:40 am

I get all my vests from Raspberry Fields (http://www.raspberryfields.com/). I have never had a bad experience with them and love their responsiveness. I’ve also learned to always get a vest with pockets for my SD Sojie. That’s where I keep her baggies!

14 Ria 05.13.10 at 11:27 pm

I love Customizedgirl.com for a more relaxed look and more body coverage. My service dog Sallie is an odd size & has sensitive skin. I work with children, so it’s great for minimizing the amount of germs she’s subject to. She so enjoyed her old uniform from them (The writing “Medical Alert” & a Caduceus was on the side of a full coverage tee), she taught herself to turn & show off the writing whenever we were challenged. I’ve found Customized Girls customer service to be exellent and, in response to an email, they’ve Come up with 3 great new designs that feature the ability to customize the top (so there’s a clear view of the writing on the dog’s back instead)!!!

Petjoyonline.com has the largest selection I’ve seen for professional, sturdy working dog gear! From Vests & Cooling Jackets (great for the summer!!!) to patches & ID to back/day packs & travel gear they rock all around!

15 Harmony 09.26.10 at 4:06 pm

I like hearingimpaired.net and servicedoggear.com they are the best.

16 Dage 06.17.11 at 8:29 am

This is a good site for questions regarding all types of service dogs. They have links to government regs and ADA definitions as well as info regarding training, supplies and reality checks regarding getting, training and maintaining an SD. Check out the FAQ’s for in-depth easily understood info.

17 Dage 06.17.11 at 8:30 am
18 Margaret Rankin 08.17.11 at 2:34 pm

Hi, I’m Margaret Rankin, communications director of LeashLocket, Ltd. We’re debuting a new kind of retractable dog leash in September at SuperZoo in Las Vegas, and I wondered if you might like to review it for your site. I think it might fit in well with your readership’s needs because the leash snaps to a rivet attachment we provide for your dog’s collar or harness, and thus is always ready to grab and go when you need it. you don’t have to look for it and you can’t leave it behind. I invite you to take a look at LeashLocket in action at http://www.leashlocket.com. If it seems like LeashLocket will fit in with your editorial needs, just let me know and I’ll make sure to send you one to review when the stock arrives. Thanks for your time, if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 720 232 8842.
Best regards,
Margaret

19 Stephane Maliska 09.05.11 at 11:39 pm

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..

20 Beth 09.23.11 at 9:50 am

I bought an LDS leather harness for my service dog years ago and the handle quickly developed a “wobble.” Because it was so expensive I couldn’t afford to replace it but I never felt safe walking with that harness on my partner. Now that my s.d. is retiring I’m in the market for a new harness for the new guy and I’m looking for a better quality, less outrageously priced harness. Bridgeport harnesses aren’t expensive but I don’t know if they’re comfortable for the dog and if they are well made. Does anyone have any information and pictures of these harnesses?

21 Valerie 11.29.11 at 11:38 am

LeashLocket can be a good answer for the elderly or those with mobility issues. The leash handle is small and lightweight and fits comfortably in your hand. It attaches to the dog’s collar or harness just like a traditional leash and extends up to 6 feet with an easy to use brake so you can lock it at any desired length. The really nice part is that the handle itself attaches directly to the dog’s collar or harness.

So, say your wheelchair bound – you can attach the leash to your dog’s harness so it resides right on your dog’s back. That way you can just reach down and easily grab the leash whenever you need it. It’s compact so there’s no leash left dangling when you aren’t using it. They are available at http://www.leashlocket.com.

22 Colleen Douglas 03.29.12 at 4:30 pm

I have a disability where I use a mobility dog and I found a nice website for equipment.

23 Britt 07.09.13 at 5:11 am

SERVICEDOGHOUSE.com is a total scam I got ripped off and BBBs got over 44 complaint this year alone of never recieved merchandise the lady who says its good here works for the site and her link leads u to it! Buyer beware! They tell u to be patient to recieve ur order so they can lead u past the chargeback date!!!

24 Sussie Due 07.10.13 at 10:30 am

Thank you for letting us know. I have banned her from posting and removed her post.